Sharing and/or exporting Gantt diagram?

Hi,

I’m a new user in Kanboard with Framaboard.

I would like to know if there is a progress available to export Gantt diagram in .csv or .pdf files and/or to share it ?

I’m very interested in any progress on this subject because optimization on Gantt diagram options would be great for Kanboard practices development and Kanboard’s users.

Thanks in advance for returns.

Hi,

You have issue with using Kanboard collaboratively at work ?

May be you simply don’t want to use it as a collaborative tool ?

Hi,

My question is likely not clear. Please, find below new explanations.

My question/suggestion deals with only Gantt diagram in Kanboard (Framaboard in my case). It seems that Kanbord doesn’t allow to share it to project’s members (see screenshot below). Is this function is available in Kanboard ?

If not, exporting Gantt diagram in .pdf or .csv files (as an example) to send it by mail could be also interesting.

At the contrary I used Kanboard (Framaboard) in collaborative mode and I didn’t encounter any issue with the collaborative project mode.

Thanks in advance for return.

The latest kanboard version allows any project member to view the Gantt chart, even a project viewer.
If you tried it, you would know it.
It does not possible you are not able to install the latest version to at least check if what you are reporting is already fixed. You already said that you can’t use a self installed, but can’t you install one to just test things?

Pretty sure I even provided a test instance of latest version @ https://projects.nachostudio.ml/
admin/admin

Hi,

Sorry but it’s ok now, I will use the test instance provided by creecros.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Hi @rafaelcamargo

Framaboard uses now Kanboard 1.2.11. I tested the issue (sharing) with it and users didn’t allow to view the Gantt chart ?

Thanks in advance for your return.

Check the Gantt plugin version, because I just tested it with latest (1.0.4) and everyone with access to the project, even users with a “project viewer” role can see the Gantt chart.

Hi @rafaelcamargo

I did another test by passing the user as “Project Manager”. It works (view of the Gantt is available for him).

I did also a test by passing the user as “Custom Role” or as “Project Member”, but with those options it does not work (view of the Gantt is not available for him).

Is it a bug or not ?

Thanks in advance for your return.

As I said, it works for every role, even for project viewer, the lowest role.
I’ve created an account on framaboard to check this.
Accessing the plugin page you can see that Gantt plugin is still on 1.0.2, and the latest is 1.0.4.
Checking the change log on Gantt repository (https://github.com/kanboard/plugin-gantt/releases), on 1.0.3 there is a “ Remove access restriction for Manager only”.
You should ask tem to upgrade the Gantt plugin.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I send a message to Framaboard.
Have a nice day.

Hi @rafaelcamargo

I tested on Framaboard and it works, thanks a lot.

And what about exporting Gantt, do you know if any progress will be possible ?

Have a nice day.

1 Like