Show created date on task?

Hi All,

I would like to have the “created date” on the task cards, preferably on the top line next to the ID Number. Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks!

Everything is possible – almost.
Write a plugin that replaces the appropriate task templates, then add the requested information there.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome. Do you happen to know which template is the task header? I found the footer template and I thought “task_private.php” was the header, but no matter what I change in there, I’m not seeing it reflected in the output. I’m thinking that’s the wrong file.

Sorry, I’m not familiar with php.

Hello

In /task/details.php add this:

<li class="summary-title">
    <strong>
        <i class="fa fa-calendar-o i-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i>
        <?= t('Created:') ?>
    </strong>
    <span class=""><?= $this->dt->datetime($task['date_creation']) ?></span>
</li>

Produces:

1 Like

That works, but it isn’t where I want the date. I want to put the date on the card itself, on the top line. I managed to get the date in the footer, but I would like it at the top, like this:
kanboard-date

What about this? Use the hook, or isert the code above that line.

Thank you for your help so far. I pasted the code in that file and unfortunately, nothing changed. Just to see if that was the right file, I renamed it to a different extension and the page and all tasks loaded with no change. So, I’m not sure that’s the header file for the task cards. I also renamed the task_public file and everything still loaded fine.

I restarted the service after every change to the php files, just to make sure that nothing was being cached.

I figured it out. I have the BoardCustomizer plugin installed. Kanboard is pulling the task_private file from that folder. Editing that file changes what I want.

Thanks for all of your help!

1 Like

I suggest you use the PluginManager plugin so that you get an insight on which plugins contains database changes and template overrides. It will make things a lot easier for you.

Glad you got it working

I will download that right now :slight_smile:

1 Like