Cards get stuck after moving for a new column. Why?

Hello!

I have been evaluating Kanboard on my computer and after I realized that it fits my needs so that I decided to host at my server.

After deploying, I realized that the the cards get stuck after moving for a new column.

It happens on both at my personal web server and on heroku service.

Actually, the cards are moved. I can check it out after manually refreshing the browser. But from the user experience perspective, the cards keeps loading and never stop loading.

It can be seen at the following link: http://oalexandrino.com.br/sites/open/kanboard-stuck.png

Here is the settings of my server.

• Application version: 1.2.14
  • PHP version: 7.2.31
  • PHP SAPI: litespeed
  • HTTP Client: cURL
  • OS version: Linux 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.35.el7.x86_64
  • Database driver: sqlite
  • Database version: 3.26.0
  • Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.97 Safari/537.36

any ideas about how to fix it?

I know this can happen if you have notifications (email, telegram, etc.) enabled for any of the involved users - if notifications don’t go (e.g. slow SMTP server) it seems like it gets stuck. Is this your case?

I am still investigating…

what I realized is that when I removed one of the plugins, the problem goes out.

I am trying to discover what plugin added this behavior, when I do, I will share here

Kanboard does inline sending of notifications, so if email server gets stuck it will block the whole code and needs to wait for timeout.

For my windows server implementation, I have hMailserver running as a SMTP proxy locally to take all emails and put them into a queue for sending when resources are free and also if they bounce, hMailserver will do the alerting. Went from 300ms to 40ms load time for task actions that has a notification.

Did you ever find out which plugin?

1 Like

Did you ever find out which plugin?

Unfortunately, I could not replicate this issue again. Maybe it was only something related to sending of notifications. If it happens again, I will report here.

Thank you!