new here with Kanboard and in this forum. Previously I did my task management (self-employed music composer here) with Mantis Bug Tracker and wrote some plugins ot better suite my workflow. Now I was looking for something else and found Kanboard. Quite nice so far; also with all those available plugins!
Yet something still is a tiny bit annoying to me: the default sorting for the tasks on the dashboard. You can change the sorting temporarily with a click, but it won’t remember the last chosen sorting option after e.g. visiting the dashboard again another day (unless when visited via the URI with the GET variables).
So here are my questions
Is there any plugin (I might have missed) or other way for changing the defaul dashboard tasks sorting behaviour?
Before I start digging deep into the plugin development: would it be hard to make such a plugin? I am familiar with PHP, JS, CSS, etc. - yet before spending too much time (I actually not really have anyway, haha) digging into the Kanboard plugin API etc. (at first sight I did not find the plugin docs too helpful yet) I first wanted to ask, if this might be a stupid idea at all.
Hey FxFx! Thanks for your reply. I am indeed talking about the dashboard of Kanboard, not the board-view of a project! I already use the kanboard-duedate Script - this works nice. And on the board-view the sorting behaviour is indeed saved other wise. Unfortunately not on the dashboard.
Ps: Are you the author of the duedate-sorting plugin? Than thank you! I can sense it will become quite handy. (=
Well, sure, here is a GIF which hopefully is better than a screenshot, since it should demonstrate how the sorting gets “reset” after I visit the base URI again (so visiting the dashboard without URI GET variables again):
In the screen cap I set “Due date” as the sorting option. Then tasks get sorted accordingly. Then I press my logo to visit the dashboard again (almost like a refresh, but with getting rid of the URI GET variables). Then the task sorting is again “Priority”, which seems to be the default.
Edit: I might have some kind of solution … yeah; after all I tried to dig into plugin stuff, hehe. Going to post my (probably noobish) solution here later!