KANBOARD access loss

I heard from 2 Users that they lost access to KANBOARD.
And now I am the third one: Wrong user name or Password:
grafik

In FF Browser I am still logged in, in SeaMonkey, Edge, Chromium I can not log in any longer.
Affected Users did not manage to get New PW, so I don’t think it would be wise to try for me as admin

Affected:

Not (yet?) affected:

3 Other installations on the same server

I’m a little astonished that I become asked to type Captcha letters after failed login. I had not asked for new PW.

Your advice?

CU

Rainer

My Config:

Version: 1.2.33
PHP Version: 7.4.33
PHP SAPI: fpm-fcgi
HTTP-Client: cURL
OS Version: Linux 5.4.0-169-generic
Datenbanktreiber: mysql
Datenbank Version: 10.5.23-MariaDB-1:10.5.23+maria~ubu2004-log
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

My Add-ons:

AgileIndicators
Auto Subtask Creation
AutomaticActionUX
Broadcast
Calendar
Customizer
Gogs Webhook
Group_assign
KanboardSearchPlugin
KanboardSupport
MarkdownPlus
PasteImageToMarkdown
PluginManager
ProjectInvitation
Self-Registration
SubtaskDescription
TagManager
Task2pdf
Wiki

Hmm, I still have access to the site mentioned as affected above.

EDIT: The CAPTCHA is a standard Kanboard feature after 3 failed login attempts.

Ah, that Captcha thing is plausible, I have had 6 failed logins.

That you still have access is a part of the symptoms. only some users are affected until now.

Vague suspect by the moment: all user accounts related to my email domain @bielefeldundbuss.de might be related. I habe some socket puppets so that I cann see how things look from normal user or viewer’s point of view, they all fail today when I log in.

Nein, habe auch eine Sockenpuppe gefunden, die @bielefeldundbuss.de zugehört. Und erst mal zum admin befördert.

I’d recommend starting with your browser add-ons.
My suspicion: The red underline means that you have a spellchecker in effect. (This is, IMHO, really weird for login forms.) How about some autocorrection?

Well, there is no more danger that I loose my admin account or similar. I restored my admin account, also have an admin account with different email address domain and will try to reproduce these problems later in a different installation.

1 Like

I hope, you’ll keep us informed about any solution.

Yes, of course!

Currently I only have one observation: after I asked for new PW and changed my PW, my (exotic old) SeaMonkey browser refused to use the new PW, although I had stored it for auto-PW. Again and again it suggested the old PW for use. I was not able to reproduce that with FF or Chromium, but the environment is a completely different one. In SM I have lots of lots of KANBOARD accounts for lots of Projects. In FF and Chromium only very few ones.

I will do some more research next days.

CU

Rainer

1 Like

Short info: I haven’t forgotten this issue, but I will have contact to the users with this problem not before next week.

CU

Rainer

1 Like