Language selection no longer works since I switched to KANBOARD 1.2.24 ✅

Here you see the mess:

UI keeps English. I also tested Language Spanish, also does not work.
Not only this particular admin profile is affected, I also tested with a sock puppet user profile,same problem!

I should have mentioned: I additionalle switched to a new server with my Installation. But I doubt that the new server is the reason!:

I see a strange effect. Currently I have 2 KANBOARD Installations in 2 different subdomains on the same server:

• The old 1.2.22 Installation as somekind of backup
  • The new 1.2.24 Installation
    And strange:
    When I switch user profile language (I’ve tested to Spanish) using my new Installation, KANBOARD UI language keeps English.
    But when I than switch to my backup installation, KANBOARD UI shows up Spanish

Support Info:

Did you clean your browser cache?

Yes, of course. Wasmy first thought.

What if you disable the x.22 domain?

How did you do the upgrade?

I followed (more or less) Instruction.
0. I created a new subdomain

1. copied data folder, .hataccess, Plugins folder and config.php from KANBOARD installation to my HDD
  2. Unzipped 1.2.24 on my HDD
  3. Transferred (ftp) to new sub domain as new KANBOARD 1.2.24 installation
  4. Copied contents from (1) to KANBOARD 1.2.24 installation
  5. Did some basic tests with KANBOARD 1.2.24 installation, saw all myprojects and so on, seemed fine
  6. Renamed 1.2.22 folder to somethin else
  7. renamed new subdomain folder with 1.2.24 to old subdomain name
  8. renamed “somethin else” folder to new subdomain.

Now I reach the same KANBOARD contents

• via normal subdomain as 1.2.24 KANBOARD
  • via new subdomain as 1.2.23 KANBOARD

In between I know: The problem is limited to that particular of my KANBOARD installations.

Before I switched the Server I tested updating from 1.22 to 1.24 with a different KANBOARD installation. Did it with the samesteps from above – AFAIR

And in that KANBOARD 1.2.24 installation language switching works fine

I repeated my update from 1.2.22 to 1.2.24 from the scratch, that resolved the language selection problem. And caused a new one: Wiki completely damaged. Butz that’s alreadya completely different story :wink:

Let me add a final remark. What you did is IMHO a bad or at least dangerous practice. You applied the upgrade into a new subdomain. But you kept using the old instance, and both are using the same, now migrated database. You shouldn’t do that. If you want to keep the old instance live, clone the database and run the upgrade on the clone.

1 Like