I just did some testing on one of the Kanboard-Instances I run with “ActiveDirectory-Integration” via LDAP … and found out this:
LDAP_USER_CREATION is set to TRUE, then Kanboard will create a new user-account if an LDAP-authentification is valid, but that user does not yet exist in the Kanboard-user-table!
LDAP_USER_CREATION is set to FALSE, then logging in with valid LDAP-credentials will only succeed, if that user is already present in the Kanboard-user-table!
- If you want all your LDAP users to be able to login to Kanboard, set this to TRUE
- It just means, that Kanboard will automatically create non-existing Kanboard users on their first login
- If you want to control, which of your LDAP users are allowed to login to Kanboard do this:
- Create all your LDAP users manually in Kanboard by checking the option “Remote user” in the Authentication-area and leaving the password-fields blank.
- These users can then login to Kanboard with their LDAP-credentials
When I said “all your LDAP users” I should more precisely say:
All the LDAP-users that can be found beneath the
Hope this helps,