Move a project or the entire DB to another server

Good evening, i have a Kanboard hosted on a Linux server and a new one on Windows server IIS/PHP.
I need to move the existing data from the linux to the new Windows, i tried with export from the GUI, i can see the data inside the csv but at the moment of the import i find only 1 new task.

The DB info is MySql on linux and sqlite on the new IIS.
Which is the best way ( if possible ) to achive my job?

Thank you

Interesting Question, I have 2 subproblems of this:

1. From my bundle of projects in a KANBOARD installation I need to separate a project to a separate installation (and separate subdomain) on the same server (Linux, all-inkl)
  2. I need to integrate a project from a separate subdomain and separate KANBOARD installation into the “bundle” from (1)

CU

Rainer

your best bet would be to use mysql on the new server. export your db on old, import on new. otherwise, you will have to convert the mysql data dump, to sqlite, no small feat. You will also need to copy the data folder from old to new.

if you are just using the export import functions in kanboard, you need to make sure the export data column headers are appropriately renamed before import, but this is not the same as actually migrating the db. you will be missing alot of information, including:comments, tags, files, links, etc. you will only get the bare bones of information related to a task.

1 Like