Replace current editor

there is a better editor choice I found, maybe we can use it replace current one

• Support Standard Markdown / CommonMark and GFM (GitHub Flavored Markdown);
  • Full-featured: Real-time Preview, Image (cross-domain) upload, Preformatted text/Code blocks/Tables insert, Code fold, Search replace, Read only, Themes, -Multi-languages, L18n, HTML entities, Code syntax highlighting…;
  • Markdown Extras : Support ToC (Table of Contents), Emoji, Task lists, @Links…;
  • Compatible with all major browsers (IE8+), compatible Zepto.js and iPad;
  • Support decode & fliter of the HTML tags & attributes;
  • Support TeX (LaTeX expressions, Based on KaTeX), Flowchart and Sequence Diagram of Markdown extended syntax;
  • Support AMD/CMD (Require.js & Sea.js) Module Loader, and Custom/define editor plugins;

another one is also good, used by Stack Overflow and the other Stack Exchange sites.

key features:

• Real-time HTML preview with Scroll Sync feature to bind editor and preview scrollbars
  • Markdown Extra/GitHub Flavored Markdown support and Prism.js syntax highlighting
  • LaTeX mathematical expressions using KaTeX
  • Diagrams and flowcharts using Mermaid
  • WYSIWYG control buttons
  • Smart layout

you can visit the demo site for try online.

4 Likes

I must agree with you about old, not so good editor integrated in kanboard. There are few good opensource editors around. Kanboard definitely deserve better editor such as https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce. Writing and working with text is biggest part of work when using kanboard.

Sadly true! This problem is much more annoying when you install the Wiki plugin.
With current editor you can’t even have a single new line easily. Maybe tinymce is not a good editor for Kanboard because it’s not, as far as I know, a markdown editor but an html editor.