there is a better editor choice I found, maybe we can use it replace current one
- Support Standard Markdown / CommonMark and GFM (GitHub Flavored Markdown);
- Full-featured: Real-time Preview, Image (cross-domain) upload, Preformatted text/Code blocks/Tables insert, Code fold, Search replace, Read only, Themes, -Multi-languages, L18n, HTML entities, Code syntax highlighting…;
- Markdown Extras : Support ToC (Table of Contents), Emoji, Task lists, @Links…;
- Compatible with all major browsers (IE8+), compatible Zepto.js and iPad;
- Support decode & fliter of the HTML tags & attributes;
- Support TeX (LaTeX expressions, Based on KaTeX), Flowchart and Sequence Diagram of Markdown extended syntax;
- Support AMD/CMD (Require.js & Sea.js) Module Loader, and Custom/define editor plugins;
another one is also good, used by Stack Overflow and the other Stack Exchange sites.
- Real-time HTML preview with Scroll Sync feature to bind editor and preview scrollbars
- Markdown Extra/GitHub Flavored Markdown support and Prism.js syntax highlighting
- LaTeX mathematical expressions using KaTeX
- Diagrams and flowcharts using Mermaid
- WYSIWYG control buttons
- Smart layout
you can visit the demo site for try online.