Restrict view feature/plugin

Dear,

we are a small company and we just install our own kanboard server to manage our production of electronics board. We interested of purpose to our client a view of kanboard, so they can follow their order in live. I try to develop a plugin that limit task that a user can see in term of tag. But I can’t find a solution to do that.

I’m a newbie in PHP (I’m an embedded system dev). Do you think it’s possible to develop this feature? And Could you give and advice or a way to achieve it.

Thank you,
Yoann

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi Yoann,

i am not sure if you noticed it, but there is a feature called something like “Public Access”. It allows everybody with a certain link to see the board + issues, but only with view rights (no changes possible). You can find it under Project => Project settings => Public Access. Sorry if the naming is different in English, i am using the German version. Does this help?

Regards

Hi k00ni,

I try this functionality, but it isn’t what we really need, Because we can’t hide task in function of people.
We want for some user they can’t view all task but only some one with a specific tag or category.
Do you think it’s possible ?

Best regards,

PS: I don’t speak German.

This could eventually get messy depending on the amount of clients but you could make a different board/project for each client that way they would only have access to stuff on their related board.

easiest solution is Michael’s.

off the top of my head though, i don’t think it would be that difficult to build.

there is a plugin, that allows you to assign groups to tasks. you could build from that code, and then conditionally hide tasks to project viewers that are not in an assigned group for the task.

Thank’s a lot for your answers.

In the first step I will use the solution of Micheal’s.
And when it will be fine, I will try to adapt the Group_assign plugin to our needs.

Just an another question, to hide a task to a group I need to use “reference hook” am I a right ?

We are also interested in restricting the visbile tasks for some users.

You could already create a custom role, to allow changes only for assigned tasks.

That leads me to the following ideas:

Option 1:

• build a custom role option to only view assigned tasks

Option 2:

• build a custom role which limits your view by a filter (e.g. assignee:me)

Have you already found or built a solution for this topic?

I’m also looking for a way to hide certain tasks (in my case: complete swimlanes) from users in order to reduce confusion…

Hey helios,

have you found a solution to your problem? I have the same problem in our company and if you have build a patch, we would take it, too.

Best regards,
Andi