Users own tasks / create a new (copy) project automatic

Hello,
i m new to use Kanboard. so i dont find the solution…

1.) I create a new (template) project with task and subtasks and swimlanes.
Now i should be able to create a new project as a copy from the template-project.
There it should create tasks or subtasks on seperate swimlanes, assigned to the people who has to work this tasks.
How can automatically assigned the (sub-)tasks the the special swimlane and how to assigne this task to the special user?

1.) a.) How can i trigger the creation of the new project (automatic) by copy the (template) project, maybe be email-trigger with special subject / header-information? I hope you can understand, what i want to do

2.) the user xyz has assigned to the task. how the user is able to see the tasks, that are assigned to him only (so he cannot see the tasked, assigned to other persons / users - maybe on other swimlanes or so on). at the moment, the user xyz can see and edit every task (also he is not assigned to them)?

3.) While creation new users… the user dont get information about the new account-information :frowning: is this a feature or a bug :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Thank you for helping for a new user :slight_smile: :wink:

Hi @MrNewKanboard,
I assume that you figured out duplicating a project.
1 - Take a look at Automatic Actions on Configure Project Menu
2 - I have no idea about it. What is the business case for this?
3 - Instead of creating the user, you can use “Invite User” menu on Users page. This way, they will be informed and create their own user.

Hello, thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

1.) i dont have any option where i could change options to create some task on swimlane 1 and some other tasks on swimlane 2 and so on.
also i dont find any option to react on incoming emails with special subject-text… maybe to automatic create a copy of an project, startet by an incoming email

2.) i think that one user (coworker of us) who uses kanboard only has to work on the tasks / project, which are assigned to him. why he should see other tasks? he is not able to work on it, because he is not assigned or he is not allowed to work on it.
So why he should see more information and tasks, he does not work on it. So i want it, user should see only this tasks, the have to know and work :slight_smile:

3.) okay, this i dont know before. i will look for it :+1:

You can use Custom Roles for your second requirement. You can add an update restriction at project level (see attached screenshot). This will restrict the user to update only the tasks he is assigned.
If you want users not to see any other tasks except he is assigned, I think you must separate the boards. I got no other idea. Maybe a plugin can be written…