Group assignment for tasks

I am trying to install the Group assignment for tasks plugin. I copied the source files (tree) from GIT to the plugin directory, but after doing so when I try to access my Kanboard I get a SQL error saying that some table or field is not defined.

I did set the plugin installer to true in the default.config.php file.

There are no other instructions about how to install plugins…

Can you show me the error?

Also, might as well show me your system configuration too. i.e. kanboard version, database version, etc…

Oh, and, if you enabled plugin installer to true, you can simply install Group_assign from kanboard.

Oh and Also, best place for issues with plugins, is the issue tracker of the plugin.

I installed Kanboard through a Softaculous script on a shared virtual host at Lunarpages. It is using a MySQL database which was created by the script. MySQL Version is 5.6.41 - MySQL Community Server (GPL).

When I rename the Groupassign directory appropriately to Group_assign and try to log into the Kanboard I get a login prompt followed quickly by this error:

Internal Error: SQL Error: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘ranac0_kanb788.multiselect’ doesn’t exist

Configuration Information from the Kanboard Settings > About page is:
• Application version: 1.2.8
• PHP version: 5.6.40
• PHP SAPI: cgi-fcgi
• OS version: Linux 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.12.el7.x86_64
• Database driver: mysql
• Database version: 5.6.41
• Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
I have attached the error log from the Kanboard directory. You will note that in the error.log there are errors:

[30-Jan-2019 18:01:42 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set ‘always_populate_raw_post_data’ to ‘-1’ in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0
[30-Jan-2019 21:46:16 UTC] [error] Connection could not be established with host [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]

[07-Feb-2019 00:34:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set ‘always_populate_raw_post_data’ to ‘-1’ in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0
[11-Feb-2019 20:24:55 UTC] [error] HttpClient: request failed (https://kanboard.org/plugins.json)

that seem to be associated with attempts to retrieve the plugins.json file from kanboard.org

I created the plugin file by downloading a zip file from https://github.com/creecros/group_assign

Think thats gonna be a tough solve unless i can replicate the issue. Ill see if i can replicate it based on your config. Ill need some time on this.

So, I couldn’t duplicate. Everything works in Mysql, Sqlite, and Postgres.

Seems to me like something happened, and you don’t have the table for the “multiselect”

Edit: Not sure if it relates, but I did have issues installing Kanboard 1.2.8 on Mysql 5.6, I had to drop and re create the database a few times, and finally changed the Mysql Schema version_129 varchars to 191 from 255, which finally finished the migration and then I had no issues (which it might have done on its own, but seemed to get hung up at version_129, and I lost patience, changed them to 191, and came back an hour later to it working, could have just been coincidence), but this was completely unrelated to Group_assign, which installed and worked right off the bat.