iCal data with duedate only

Strange. I will investigate that further and give feedback. It seams that my ics contains the file two times concated after each other.

One hour would be sufficent. No need for changes then.

I will check out the new changes anyway. Thanks for that!

(Hopefully) a last suggesttion / request / question:

Add a reminder to an iCal entry in the calendar. 08:00 h or when the event takes place (0 minutes before) if this is possible. Optional / with a setting to turn on or off. For all events or none.

Thanks for this work. Very helpful and appreciated!

Cheers, Fx

No problem, appetite comes when eating… :grin:

I put it in the backlog. We’ll see.

1 Like

Hi @alfredb

i played around with the new version:

a.) Foldername of plugin

The plugin foldername should be “ICalConfig”. Otherwise it is not loaded by Kanboard. This is not the case yet, but maybe fixed anyway upon release. Just to mention.

b.) Version number

The version number is still v0.1.0. Just to mention. Maybe fixed anyway upon release.

c.) Double calendar entries

No double entries so far on my staging system. Not in Outlook and not in Thunderbird. Still have to check this on the prod system.

I will keep an eye on this one.

d.) Calendar refresh

Thunderbird uses it’s own intervall. Outlook uses a 30 min. interval even if TTL is set to 15 min. Maybe this is the bare minimum (30 min) in Outlook. In Thunderbird i’am complete free to choose.

Anyway: 30min. are absolut sufficent.

But i will test the durations with other values as well.Just for the records :smile:

grafik

Beside the reminders :wink: i would say: perfect!

Thanks for your work on this one. It’s a huge improvement on how i use Kanboard.

Cheers, Fx

Smal update:

Prod system still double calendar entries.

Outlook refresh: nailed to 30 min. One may see the latest update time here:

grafik

You will find it in Outlook here:
File / Information / Account settings / Account settings / Internet Calendar

This is not an issue (for me). Just an information.

I would keep the option for ttl anyway. Maybe other clients respect it.

Cheers, Fx

I think it is.

What do you expect? It’s unreleased, but needs to have a number.

Meanwhile, I detected this:

I wasn’t aware of that functionality up to now. However, it creates only a simple desktop notification, not the usual TB calendar notification. Just to mention.

1 Like

Nice one. I saw that also and i’ am just waiting for the response (testing it)

:smile:

To set the refresh interval for Outlook with web calendars you have to add your calendar to the main “send and receive group” or create a new one and put it in there.

Then you can set an interval time to refresh for that group (the main group or your “extra” group).

Tested. It works. Outlook uses that interval to refresh my Kanboard calendar.

Just in case someone finds this thread in the next few years with the same issue :smile:

For the double entries in the prod system:

I do not know why, but the file consists of two lists together in one file

VCALENDER and
VEVENT

that means i have all my entries as VCALENDAR type and then all enties as VEVENT type in the .ics file from Kanboard. But only on the prod system.

No idea whats wrong here.

Cheers, Fx

Very strange, very wrong, but interesting.

Here we go with the true reminders.

As usual: Any feedback is appreciated.

You’re kidding me :smile: :smile:

Awesome!

I try to test asap. Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Fx

It works like a charm in TB. But kindly note that alarms from read only calendars cannot be snoozed.

It works perfect.

But Outlook is to silly to handle reminders in Internet / Web Calendars. Known issue. But Thunderbird can.

Snooze is also a general issue, not Kanboard related.

Great!

Cheers, Fx

Well, Outlook is a very special piece of software. Almost everywhere they are cooking their own soup.

Signed!

On the other hand millions and millions of users. Simply not able to ignore them. Same as with ?SFck InternetDesplorer

Did you succeed with your calendar mess?

Not until now. I will investigate further next week.

I’am trying to understand how the eluceo ical lib works and compare in deep what i get on the prod and on the staging system.

I suppose that one of the calendar plugins added an option which is still set, even that the plugin is removed (i have no calendar plugins in use at the moment, but a tried a few).

But this is pure speculation.

I have to fix this or find out. If i will keep this thread updated.

Cheers, Fx

Hi @alfredb,

regarding the double entries on the prod system (it is in a first internal test setup, therefore only a few entries in there). Maybe it has something to do with the timezone. The server has an incorrect TZ (UTC).

I raised that issue here and awaiting a correction.

This is what Outlook shows for each task that has double entries. e. g. Task ID 10 is in Line 51 and repeats in Line 405 in the ics Text file.

It is for sure, that the iCal Lib eluceo writes doubles to the ics file.

But: not all tasks have double entries. One (and only one) has only one entry in the calendar. I could still not figure out where the difference is.

I will investigate further and keep it up to date here.

If anyone has additional hints: very welcome!

Cheers, Fx

I do not understand whats going on, but i think i found what’s going on:

The prod system uses mySQL, Staging / Test is on sqlite db.

This are two example tasks in prod:

As you can see the second entry (id = 96) has no date_started set. The record with id=20 has a such a date.

Task # 20 ist displayed once
Task # 96 is displayed twice

on the mySQL based system.

On the sqllite based system it simply does no matter. No double entries in the ics file. No double entries in the calendar. Regardless what’s in date_started.

On the prod: As son as i change the value for date_started and do a calendar refresh i see the changes (one entry vs. two entries).

Any ideas?

Cheers, Fx

I don’t have any doublets, not with SQLite not with MySQL.

Do you use a calendar plugin?