iCal notifications

Hello all,

I recently set up Kanboard to sync the iCal calendar up with my android phone. I found that none of the tasks have notifications for their corresponding events that are created.

I did some digging and found that there is a component of the iCal spec (VALARM) that can be set for the notifications. I see that this is already included in the iCal vendor library in Kanboard (Eluceo) but is not being used.

I didn’t see any discussion or Github issue that touched on this, so I thought I’d broach the subject here. I was thinking along the lines of something like - unless it’s an all-day event (time==00:00), set a notification for the start datetime of the task (or due datetime, however that’s handled internally). The reason being I wouldn’t want alarms on all-day things, but only for specific timed reminders. I also would hope that there would be a global default to specify the notification lead time (5 mins before, 30 minutes before, time-of, etc.) I would hope that could be set globally, and then overridden on a per-task basis.

Anyways, let me know if there’s anything out there that does this that I’m missing, or if you all have any thoughts on this.

Regards,

Hey,

it would be a nice addition, but they should be a way to turn it off (per user).

Regards