Keep cards simple / no click

We can do a lot with CSS to customize Kanboard without tinkering with the templates (great for those agnostic to PHP).
I can get the cards to look how I want them to, but i can’t get the clickable link to
https://xxx/?controller=TaskViewController&action=show
to disappear. I.e. I don’t want them to be able to call up the page with the full arsenal of things that can be modified to the task.
I want users to only be able to click on the Avatar or the note item an open the simple modal-box input.
Any help?
Thanks and regards.

Hello

do you mean you dont want the tooltip popovers to show in the board view when hovering over each card?

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Background is - and somewhat counterintuitive to what Kanboard is capable of doing: I want to keep things really basic. Also: knowing that any attempt to do just that, can only be a hack without a deeper understanding of Kanboard’s-under-the-hood. That said, I can, via CSS -

• remove certain things I don’t want to have showing up on the card;
  • even remove menu items (you being a Kanboard master know that’s a crap way of doing it, but …).
    What I want is for users that click on left-click on a card NOT to be linked to the task’s granular settings page - the one with all the options from activity to taking a screen shot.
    I want them to be able to open ONLY the simple input mask as in:

So the question is: can I do this in CSS, perhaps with some JS - but without touching a template …
    Thanks and regards

can I do this in CSS, perhaps with some JS

• no

What I want is for users that click on left-click on a card NOT to be linked to the task’s granular settings page - the one with all the options from activity to taking a screen shot.

• you only go to the card edit page if you click on the edit icon in the card, otherwise it goes to the card ‘read’ view with the sidebar menu and the card details etc.

Sorry for the interval. Thanks for clarifying.
To follow-up on

you only go to the card edit page if you click on the edit icon in the card, otherwise it goes to the card ‘read’ view with the sidebar menu and the card details etc.

Yep. Thats the “problem”. I’d like to prohibit just that: having simple users, in the most complete of worlds: only those attributed with specific roles being able to ONLY click and get the card edit page; no clicking to get to the card details.
So figure this will only work by modifying code…

Cheers

hey!

have you tried the “public access” feature?

https://docs.kanboard.org/v1/user/projects/#enable-public-access

ah I see you still want your users to be able to edit some settings

Thanks for the reference - yeah it doesn’t fulfill the use case.

Use case = just if anyone is interested:

• Am the head of a medical department with an affinity to technical solutions but with limited PHP etc. skills - and time …
  • Patient cases get set up on admission = create a card
  • Assign card to responsible junior physician
  • On pending discharge junior physician completes discharge letter and passes responsibility to supervisor = move card to senior doctor column.
  • Supervisor corrects discharge letter and either: move card to secretary (column) for administirial stuff OR move card back to junior doctor for corrections.

So all in all a very simple set up that CAN be implemented with excellent Kanboard.
The focus of my query here on "not being able to click the card and open the overwhelming card detail page is as follows (and is actually just a user-experience tweak)

• It’s just a worry that the practical users will be just that: overwhelmed.
  • But: they should be able to open the card edit page/pop-up because they should be able to access custom fields such as “Diagnosis”, “Length of stay”, “Disease severity” …

Believe me: I’ve been trying to find a piece of working software that enables these things - and it is not the overly bloated in-house patient management software suites (e.g. SAP) that provide such an outwright simple and sensible workflow management.

BTW. If anyone is willing to implement, let me know.

Thanks and best

Stefan

disabling the click should be very easy.

I’d need to figure out how to configure the roles that should be prevented to click

I hacked something together that prevents the click to redirect to the task details.

feel free to check it out:

Hey, thanks!

Can get the plugin to load - but no action changes to those as always on clicking.

I did create a new “Custom Role” for the project called “NoClick” and assigned a user X under “Project Permissions” for that role - that’s it, right?
Obviously difficult to check what’s making it not do what it’s intended to do.

So I’ve looked at the code an grasp what you’re intending - does seem trivial and the actual “work” is being done in line #7 in the *.js file (ie e.preventDefault();) - correct?

Cheers!

right!

e.preventDefault() and e.stopImmediatePropagation(); prevent the click event to reach the code, that redirects to the task-details-view

Is your kanboard instance publicly reachable?
then I could check if it’s working correctly.

So far I tested it successfully on my local instance with chrome & firefox.

Thanks!
Am running a managed self-hosted installation via Cloudron; I’ve just tried setting up an external user on Cloudron that gives access to the Kanboard plugin directory as well - with no luck → admins are all or nothing, so I would be exposing my entire system - not what I want …
Setting up a public Kanboard user is not the problem.
So I’ll fiddle a bit on my own ;—)

understandably :smiley:

a simple user should be sufficient to check the installation and see if the plugin is loaded at all, if the permissions are set.

one thing to consider is, if users are also in groups that have different permissions.
I’m not sure how that case is handled, yet.

Will get back to you. Day’s work is over :–
Though: did get Cloudron to allow more differentiated access rules.
Regards
Stefan

Hi. Time-out = was busy.
I haven’t got it to work. I have, however, delved deeper into what-happens-when by debugging via Chrome.

• If I set an Event Listener Breakpoint on the Event mouse click it takes me to Kanboard’s app.min.js as in the image
  • It then cycles through the loop until the selector hits .task-board
  • And then jumps to the self.listeners.clicks[selector].callback(e) just below - to then
  • open the detailed task view.
  • Only then is the NoClickBoard js called - too late …

Am I getting something wrong here? Or is the sequencing gone wrong?

Best - Stefan