New Plugin: TemplateManager

This plugin takes predefined contents to a whole new level. You can now add instructions, notes, topics to templates in your projects. Extending the features to task descriptions, this plugin introduces comment templates and global templates.

Please star the repository on GitHub or comment here to show your support if you use/like the plugin. Please create any issues (hopefully none) directly on GitHub.

More screenshots are in the GitHub repository

Great work! Just another thing you never want to do without again. :+1:

1 Like

I don’t want to create another issue, but:

[Fri Feb 24 15:26:41.644250 2023] [php7:error] [pid 12922] 
[client ...] 
PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '=>' (T_DOUBLE_ARROW), expecting ')' in .../plugins/TemplateManager/Controller/GlobalTemplateController.php on line 32

BTW, the resulting page is always blank, w/o visible error.

diff --git a/Controller/GlobalTemplateController.php b/Controller/GlobalTemplateController.php
index 804e636..0bdc160 100644
--- a/Controller/GlobalTemplateController.php
+++ b/Controller/GlobalTemplateController.php
@@ -28,7 +28,7 @@ class GlobalTemplateController extends \Kanboard\Controller\ConfigController
         $global_template = $this->globalTemplateModel->getById($this->request->getIntegerParam('id'));

$this->response->html($this->helper->layout->config('templateManager:config/global-templates', array(
-            'title' => t('Settings') .' ⥂ Template Manager'),
+            'title' => t('Settings') .' ⥂ Template Manager',
             'values' => empty($values) ? $global_template : $values,
             'errors' => $errors,
             'saved_global_templates' => $this->globalTemplateModel->getAll(),
1 Like

Thanks for that, my fault… I fixed it… I will release a new version by tomorrow

Another thing: Please think about some configuration.

I like the templates for task creation, it’s a great help. But that global templates, well, I don’t know.
Maybe there are some situations where they make sense. But inserting them in every task, even if not used there, is considered as disturbing. If I could enable the global templates on a per-project basis, this would help.

Just an idea.

Edit: Possibly it would be even better to split into two separate plugins.

1 Like

Hello, I will create a switch to disable global templates.

I’m not so sure about per-project… I will look into that.

Na…I’m not so sure about 2 plugins… as my whole purpose for this plugin was to bring all tmplates into one place. If I split across 2 plugins, I will make mistakes I’m sure.

1 Like

Hello, this will be finished by tonight

About the per-project basis - no. I realised later, that global templates were created to get out of the per-project basis… as task templates and description templates are both per-project.

So I have created the setting to disable global templates, which hides the menu and the section in every task.

1 Like