Outdated Gantt Chart Plugin Has Time Issues

I am trying gantt chart plugin and after I finish planning, the same tasks in calendar and list views have completely different dates.

Is planning possible on a calendar view? How to do you plan on tasks?

I’d say no. For me, the Calendar plugin was never a great help,

Same here.

I wanted to easily plan tasks without due date
using Gantt or Calendar views, but this seems to be impossible.

Gantt charts are a pretty big mismatch for the kanban way of doing things. If you want to plan with Gantt charts you’re using the wrong tool.

1 Like

What’s the solution? Calendar is also unsuitable for planning tasks without due dates.

What’s the solution? Calendar is also unsuitable for planning tasks without due dates.

I don’t think I’m understanding your question. Why would you use a calendar to plan tasks that have no dates on them? Calendars are useless without dates (?)

Are you familiar with the kanban way of planning? It’s not a tasks-with-due-dates method. If you’re trying to cram a tasks-with-due-dates process into a kanban tool, you’re likely to find it doesn’t fit very well. Wrong tool for the job.

I mean, the very first hit I get on Google when I search “kanban planning” is Kanban Planning - Killing the Gantt Chart :joy:

1 Like

Interesting read. It’s already killed by the way in Kanboard, Gantt Chart plugin is unusable.

Yes, because it’s buggy and nobody cares.

1 Like

I was right when I said that you would have removed it for a reason.