SQLITE migration to MYSQL

Hello everyone,

We have been using Kanboard for over a year, the problem being that the configuration of my database is in SQLITE.

Is it possible to migrate the information that is in my db.sqlite file into mysql?

Looking forward to a return,

cordially

hello all,

i’m new here on the developer side of kanboard, after using this great tool for 4/5 years now to share info with other members of the booking team for our small volunteered-run venue…

today I need help migrating our existing sqlite kanboard database (that was hosted on Framasoft server) to our own shared web hosting on OVH, since Framasoft is reducing their service (if you don’t know them, they’re a great resource here in France as far as free software and web-based services are concerned…)

Database size is 10.32M

Here are the specs of our previous kanboard install :

Application version: 1.2.11
PHP version: 7.3.31-1~deb10u1
PHP SAPI: fpm-fcgi
HTTP Client: cURL
OS version: Linux 4.19.0-18-amd64
Database driver: sqlite
Database version: 3.27.2
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0

and here are the specs of the new kanboard install :

Application version: 1.2.21
PHP version: 7.3.32
PHP SAPI: fpm-fcgi
HTTP Client: cURL
OS version: Linux 4.14.253-ovh-vps-grsec-zfs-classid
Database driver: mysql
Database version: 5.6.50-log
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0

OVH won’t let us change these (so we are forced to use a mysql database from now on…)

I found this great tool to convert the sqlite db to mysql : DB Browser for SQLite /Windows and a couple more instructions in order to clean the resulting db, but i still have trouble importing the converted database.

If someone here has successfully achieved, or would be willing to give me a hand in achieving such a conversion / import task, I’d be very grateful to get some help…

Thanks in advance,
eM

ps : please feel free to ask for more details since I don’t know what else could be helpful…

hi all, after quite a lot of time spent on trying to convert and import the data from the previous installation as a SQL dump, I finally understood that I didn’t need to install anything on our web hosting to be able to use the SQLite database.

it’s plain and simple to keep SQLite config, and just upload the sqlite database gzipped into the new setup.

hope it’ll help someone else.

Hi, during my research to find a tool to convert SQLite database toward PostgreSQL, I found this tool :

It may have to be tweaked according to your version of kanboard.