Zoom In Permanently

I have a feeling that when I start Kanboard, it’s started as zoomed out and not optimized for my screen. Icons are too small.

How to zoom in permanently?

Isn’t this a browser setting?

Yes, but why can it be changed on Kanboard level?

It cannot, why should it? Zooming is realized in the browser. Maybe some themes can do it, I don’t know.

1 Like

Depending on your browser there are browser plugins available that save your zoom setting on a per link / webpage basis.

Google is your friend.

Cheers, Fx

Addendum:

I use chrome (Iron) in app mode. I start it with the command line

chrome.exe --app=https://yourkanboard.com/?controller=BoardViewController&action=show&project_id=99

(Adjust the project id to yours)

Zoom in with crtl+mouse scroll wheel

After closing this one remembers the zoom level for this “app”.

Cheers, Fx

1 Like

I have no details, but Firefox stores the zooming factor also per site. I always have different views for my production and my development site.

1 Like

Unlike many closed source project management tools, being optimized only on Blink web engine and Chromium, Kanboard recommends Gecko web engine and Firefox, which needs to be appreciated.

As Afred says: you can do this with Firefox as well.

But FF does not support a “web app mode”. That mode survives settings of your “web app”.

Bur that’s not an issue. There is a plugin that save zoom settings even after clearing all cookies and other tracking / saveing things.

As i wrote: Google is your friend.

Not a Kanboard issus / question…

Cheers, Fx

Isn’t this the same as kiosk mode? No browser menus & toolbars?

Might be. I only know (or mean to know) that Mozilla removed the app mode a long time a go.

I on the other hand use chrome for a few websites as a web app browser. This allows me to remove anything (Cookies, Formdata etc.) in my Firefox from time to time. That’s my default browser.

While with chrome i do not care about that data because i use it only with spefic websites (mostly self hosted ones).

Cheers, Fx

No, that’s for sure. But it’s not something I miss.
BTW, I keep away my fingers from any google stuff wherever I can.

1 Like

To be more precise: i use SRIron as a Chrome derrivate :blush:

1 Like

SRWare Iron should be avoided. See the report here in German:

Try hardened Brave instead, also uses Chromium:

2 Likes

Good hint. Thanks for that!