Create a task automatically

Hello
at the moment i’m in the process of testing different software product to help my team with task management.
One thing that is forgotten are tasks that need to be done on a regular basis with different servers. Like check logs for errors and if everything is ok delete the logs.
So i would like to automatic create a task on the first of every month to check the logs. So someone can take this task, complete it and push it in the done column.
Maybe i think in the wrong direction for this problem? What would be the best way to solve this? Or am i right and there is a way by a cronjob to create a task?

Something like this already exists, “Recurring Tasks”, just not based on dates, but instead, events.

https://docs.kanboard.org/en/latest/user_guide/tasks.html#recurring-tasks

Give it a read, and see if that’s what you’re looking for.

But to answer your questions:
Maybe i think in the wrong direction for this problem? No, your needs may be different than others needs, and that’s OK.

What would be the best way to solve this? Automatic Action, if the “Recurring Task” feature does not help you.

Or am i right and there is a way by a cronjob to create a task? Yeah, you could setup something like this with your own custom automatic action, using the EVENT_DAILY_CRONJOB.