New to Kanboard!

For the past few days i have been testing A LOT of kanban app, from saas to open source - wekan kanboard youtrack teamhood jira trello asana lots of them

But for now i am looking at kanboard because of self hosted, I am using Xampp for local server due to sensitive data and have no intention to set up anything yet. Plus i am a total newbie at self hosting so might be a bad idea to choose Kanboard i guess :smiley:

it’s sad to see it’s now in maintenance mode and lots of plugin are not updated like BigBoard showing some error, but nevertheless…

Thanks for the software!

1 Like

Hey, welcome to the forum!

IMHO entirely wrong. KB is easy to install, even for beginners.

2 Likes

hey welcome… not every plugin needs updating depending on the function it serves. its just not displayed to the user properly for us to understand that. Generally speaking, not specific to BigBoard.

1 Like

plugins are usually written by an individual, in their spare time, sometimes there may be collaboration, either way it is a lot of work. it can be a lot of effort to constantly maintain, its best to be thankful people are willing to freely devote their time and effort, and there is no need to be sad that sometimes those individuals get burnt out. when that happens, you may have to weigh the benefits of using a previous version of kanboard that works with the plugin you want, to have that benefit or do you want the latest kanboard version.

2 Likes

i searched for a few days i dont even know how to start :sweat_smile: i wonder if it is possible to run a local host webpage while the sqlite is hosted somewhere else but i feel like it is totally wrong

dont get me wrong im very thankful for the effort especially when i am always looking for open source software. it’s just that bigboard happens to be a very useful plugin that i cant find the similar feature in a lot of kanban apps which is a bummer…but i just updated bigboard and error is fixed!

1 Like

Yes, it is, IMHO. And above all, it’s not a newbie question/topic.

If this is a requirement for you, move to MySQL.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll do some research!