Why is Kanboard Core so Difficult to Collaborate on?!

oh gosh no, its perfect, finally can go back to glancing and reading the docs faster

1 Like

Awesome! I just made this change and it rocks. It’s a small quality of life improvement but it matters!

2 Likes

The one-man show mentality, is a reality. Whether or not it should, would, could or whatever, be something different, its irrelevant. There are lots of contributors, but in the end, 1 man decides. 1 ring to rule them all
I for one, have a lot of respect for what Fred has built, accomplished, and the amount of work he probably has to put into to keep it moving. I could not possibly imagine that work load. My measily number of repos, all combined, do not even remotely compare to the amount of crap he has to sort through, evaluate, investigate, read, test, etc
I literally could not imagine, and if you think you could, you are full of yourself.

But, the 1 thing I can assure anyone here, without a doubt, and with absolute certainity, whether you agree with my above statement or not, is
your words will fall on deaf ears, if you do not show that man respect.

4 Likes

Yeah, see my baby metaphor above.

Well said, bro! Fully ACK

1 Like

I totally agree and did not mean to disrespect Fred or anyone for that matter. I love Kanboard and my time/effort in investing to learn and further develop it is for the sake of Kanboard and indirectly appreciating Fred’s work.

If Kanboard becomes better or improved, under the same repository, by other developers or not
 it is still to Fred’s credit. Thats a standard, so no question of respect from my side. I am just frustrated with Fred’s ways of letting Kanboard slip without letting anyone actually contribute.

Respect, reschmect. What is this, a mafia? It’s a piece of software, get a grip. There are ways to make software smoothly, and there are ways to do it that are not so smooth. That’s the only real fact here; the rest is ego. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with calling out a bad process for what it is, and if the person involved in making that process bad takes offense instead of changing course, that’s on them for being unreasonable, not on the person who called it out.

You’re speaking as if each line of code you write earns you an asshole point, redeemable at any time in the future that you see fit to cash it in. There’s way too much of that going on in the FOSS world and it’s bad news. :-1:

I’m sorry, whats the real fact? Your opinion?..oh
got it.

Sorry to disrepect you bro!

Its all good, I think ive only really ever contributed about 20 lines of code to KB, don’t have anything else to cash in :wink:

lol I think I cashed in my last one with my last comment so I’d better chill
giphy

I cant believe this guy has the time to write this over on github for further humiliation
 when the frustration is being discussed/challeneged here

No more replies from me
 I dont want useless arguments online.

Dude, this is how small Free and Open Source software projects work:

This comic:

and this article (among many, many others):

and while you’re trying to create drama in this forum thread here and make it sound like you’re the victim of a great injustice, the pertinence of your proposed change was objectively unclear to onlookers like me as well, not just FrĂ©dĂ©ric.

While I’m the first in line to be frustrated by the “maintenance mode” nature of Kanboard’s development and some of its technical limitations (to the point where I am considering Tiki’s kanban board as a potential alternative that might be more scalable/better-integrated for my needs), I am even more frustrated by you throwing mud at FrĂ©dĂ©ric with your flippant attitude in that pull request (to the point where I felt compelled to comment over there) and in this forum thread. This is not the first time I see you coming in here with a monochromatic and confrontational attitude from the outset (as well as apparently expecting that most people would naturally be in agreement with you).

I’ve been contributing to F/LOSS projects for over 20 years and it never ceases to amaze me when I see such accusations being thrown at maintainers by people who can’t see how harsh their words are (and yet, I see people abusing open source project maintainers every day on bug trackers). Your “Having to justify ‘obvious’ changes is just wrong in the open source world.” statement that started this thread here is so out of touch with reality, it’s laughable in the eyes of any thick-skinned FLOSS veteran looking at this.

This is not to discourage you from attempting to contribute, but I believe you need to look at how you come off in your interactions.

2 Likes

Oh wow
 now that I’m looking at my email notifications, I see that while I was taking the time (one hour) and effort to compose a well-researched reply for you and others in the forum thread here, in the meantime you decided to add more vitriol on top of that merge request and attack me with another knee-jerk comment, accusing me of trying to isolate and “humiliate” you simply because I commented over there first before commenting here in the forum? And then you try to question my competence on top of it all? What a classy act, man.

I’ll let the readers here judge who is the one being poisonous.

Edit: aljawaid deleted his comment attacking me on the GitHub merge request linked above, so that my link in the paragraph above does not work. I, on the other hand, have deleted nothing. That says a lot.

1 Like

GO TO HELL ‘dude’

YOU and YOUR words are totally wrong! If you cant read a person’s frustration and the freedom to openly ask a question, go to hell in your attititude.

I deleted the comment, simply because I didnt want to aggravate the situtation or get into an argument, but you dont want to let it go! youre online bullying basically!

Look at my contributions to Kanboard and then compare your own. I am not here for credit or to throw mud at Frederic, I simply raised a question. You felt like I attacked Frederic but I never. You defended him for no reason whatsoever. And now you are trying to humiliate me for no reason.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WITH 20 YEARS OF YOUR BULLSHIT EXPERIENCE, ARE THE REASON WHY PEOPLE LIKE ME, LOSE INTEREST IN OPEN SOURCE ATTITUDE PROJECTS.

Funny how, since my posts, maybe Frederedic realised how other developers may be struggling with his ‘small’ project and now a lot of issues are being cleared up and also being responded to. I guess that was my mud and my fault!

YOU TRULY HAVE LEARNT THROUGH YOUR BULLSHIT 20YRS OF EXPERIENCE ON HOW TO PUT PEOPLE OFF CONTRIBUTING HOURS AND HOURS OF OPEN SOURCE DEVELOPMENT. THANKS.

IF YOU WANT TO WIN THIS AS A DEBATE OR AN ARGUMENT, BECAUSE YOU SIMPLY KNOW BETTER
 GO SCREW YOURSELF. YOU WON.