How can we improve KANBOARD Plugins information?

I’m getting somewhere!

Now that I’ve pulled the latest code, I got another issue:

This column headers are almost unreadable for me. And ALL CAPS isn’t nice and helpful in any way.
Everything else: Great work!

1 Like

hey, good to know, i will fix it

1 Like

hey, you should have this now… (pull the latest code 2 mins ago)

No, it’s still the same here, still white text with shadows.

fixed, sorry about that… I missed the variable originally but I made it specific to this plugin now so it should deffo work

1 Like

Perfect, huge thanks!

1 Like

Sorry, I have one more left, a question more or less.
Why do you display the globe and the trashcan greyed? The user might interpret this as disabled, as it is usually.

1 Like

haha I dont set it as greyed… youre highlighting fixes I need to do… great

grey = disabled, yes the grey tone you are showing is deffo a no no… i will fix… the core properties for icons are a bit of a pain they way they have been targeted in the core but i will fix it

also, your screenshot has lighted an alignment issue of the button… i need to look into that too lol

appreciate your feedback

1 Like

Anybody?

Forget the styling and icon types…
For the extra json properties… has_schema has_overrides has_hooks … shall I do:
1 - show only if they have them (php if)
or
2 - show coloured if they have them with a tooltip, show greyed if they dont have them (php if else)

I clearly vote for option #1.
But please take care, the uninstall buttons are aligned between rows. The number of visible icons should not affect the button’s position.

That’s intended… For now

To solve this I can put them in a separate column which I was going to do in the morning but I thought I would ponder on it. You just pushed me. I will do it. I think it will look bad as it is once the page is fully designed.

I’m thinking of doing option 2 with a red/green colour. That way, the icons keep its place and just switch colours/tool tips based on the result. Thinking of the end user (non coder).

Edit… Oh that’s for installed page. Okay will need a new column for that too as right now it looks a bit stupid and out of design.

Agree. But the colors: Red implies Stop/Wrong/Bad, where green implies OK/Fine/Ready. I think this isn’t the message you want to submit, right? Please think about dimmed/gray vs. orange or so.

1 Like

Agreed. I used orange on installed page. I think I will stick with that. Normal/orange so in effect its only coloured when it is relevant

1 Like

Yes, orange means beware, danger.

1 Like

I’m thinking of changing the plugin name before it is released… what do you guys think?

KanboardPluginsUX > Plugin Manager or Kanboard Plugin Manager

The latter is IMHO too long, but “Plugin Manager” is fine. That we’re in Kanboard is obvious.

BTW, I’ve another one:

I suggest renaming the menu item back to “Installed Plugins”. I’m confused… :wink:

haha youre pulling the changes fast! i see the plugin count there lol

I kept that menu as the code also has a section for incompatible plugins… but yeah it looks bad, i will remove

2 Likes

Yes, I really try to. :grin:

2 Likes

Progress so far… at least we now know that there are 107 plugins in the directory

1 Like