Wiki Plugin for Kanboard: Attachment handling

Yes, this is the default. To enable:

• Add a line define('PLUGIN_INSTALLER', true); to your config.php.
  • Make sure the /plugin folder is writable by the webserver.

HTH

Unfortunately not.
Adding the linechanged nothing for me in my test KANBOARD installation. Still:

And what does your webserver hint mean? How can I test that?

The test is successful, when the red message disappears, after reloading the page. If you have no admin console on your host, use FileZilla. Right click on /plugin folder. How is it set on your host?

Looks like your screenshot shows.
Adding the missing Write permission checkmarks (for all files and subfolders) changes nothing, still “Ihre Kanboard Installation ist nicht dafür konfiguriert, Plugins mit dem Benutzerinterface zu installieren.”

Did you enable recursive for all content below /plugin?
Did you logout & login?

Yes

I think with Browser in KANBPARD installation? Yes!

I tried another time in the same KANBOARD.

I sent an invitation for that project to you.

I cannot do anything there, unless confirming that wiki doesn’t work properly. Would need access to your “all inkl” hosting for a more in-depth investigation. But I think you wont allow me.

Are you sure you edited the right config.php and /plugin folder?

For that subdomain, I would. For general I would not. I can’t tell whether that would help and whether the expected results would justify so many efforts.
But of course, I can also ask All-inkl whether they would be interested in such efforts to improve the software they deliver with the Hosting Bundle and whether they would contribute an account for out experiments for free?!

http://depot3l.kanban.bielefeldundbuss.de contains only 1 config.php, so I am pretty sure: yes! And it also contains only 1 plugin folder, so again: yes!

Do you have a debug.log now?

To nail down your issue, I’ve created a free test account at all-inkl.com, valid for 7 days.
I did the following:

• Install KB from built-in Stock (all-inkl)
  • Edited config.php, set PLUGIN_INSTALLER to true. The red message disappeared after reloading the page, installation enabled.
  • Installed the Wiki plugin from plugin directory.
  • Created a Wiki page.
  • Edited the Wiki page, new edition was created.
  • List editions is OK.
  • Uploaded attachment to Wiki, a PNG file.
  • Attachment displays OK.
  • :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Comparing our configurations shows some diffs:

Yours Mine
Application version 1.2.22 1.2.22
PHP version 7.4.28 7.4.30
PHP SAPI fpm-fcgi fpm-fcgi
HTTP Client cURL cURL
OS version Linux 4.15.0-177-generic Linux 5.4.0-121-generic
Database driver mysql mysql
Database version 5.7.37-nmm1-log 10.5.16-MariaDB-1:10.5.16+maria~focal-log
  • My PHP Version is slightly higher, but shouldn’t be a problem.
  • Maybe the PHP settings do also differ, I couldn’t check this (yet).
  • My Linux-Kernel is significantly higher.
  • Database is entirely different.

I have no clue whether this helps, but I recommend to talk to the support at all-inkl.com, how to migrate your hosts. I assume, you have already considered starting over with new hosts & importing your backups.

if you are updating your config.php and its not working, a couple possibilities:

1. there is a config.php in your Data folder as well.
  2. your server is configured to cache php.

Well, there is a 3rd thing that came to my mind. In my test-installation mentioned above, the config.php already contained a line

define('PLUGIN_INSTALLER', false);

What if a new line was created at the top instead of editing the existing one?

Hi, great Idea!

And yup, I also have that line in the config.php. Changed false → true, and yes, that makes the difference. Now the “Your installation does not allow …” message has vanished from the Plugins Directory, and I can use it for installing Plugins

I tried it in my Test project. Installed the Wiki 0.3.0 that way. Wiki installation works without problems, but still Attachment handling does ont work. I see new attachments appear in FileZilla, but no way to access.

What says the debug.log? PHP error log?

Could it be that your quota is fully used?

No, 46% free. And that would not affect only WIKI attachments.

I will check PHP errors later. My suspect concerning my problems currently: different databases?!

Therefore, my repeated query for a debug.log.

Could it be that your web server has a file upload size limit, and your attachment is larger than it?

i made the wiki attachment feature based on the same way i made customizers file handling, id be curious if you have the same issue.

I wil need a little help. Currently I have activated (for my normal installation, not for the test KANBOARD) an error log which delivered Messages like Above ("[01-Sep-2022 19:16:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: …). For additional debug I will need instructin how to generate that.

I think you already have instructions, in a mail from all-inkl support. Have a look into your ticket instance.

https://tickets.kanban.bielefeldundbuss.de/

BTW, I messed up my credentials for this site, and password recover doesn’t work either. Could you…?

No, at least I don’tknow something like that. I have a backup.sql.gz and instructions hint by phone to https://all-inkl.com/wichtig/anleitungen/#anleitungen_datensicherung